Tuesday, 8 September 2015

SUPERSTAR


As it turns out, a lot of my life is lived out over Facebook Messenger, as friends check up on how you're doing ,send you Pusheen emojis (the best emojis), schedule birthday meet-ups (as always, come September), and share links to Christian blog posts about friendship. In this instance, religion is not the issue (but Alice and I did come across it as a topic over caramel milkshake as we brunched), but rather, it's friendship. I think it is accurate to say that these days, 'friends' is a more fluid and perhaps even more superficial concept, but I've been so incredibly lucky to have met some lovely people this year so far in my adventures at UTS.

I've been very lucky in my life to have found friends that I almost cannot fathom not being in my life. Alice is one of the sweetest people I have met. The funny story of how I first knew of Alice was through social media stalking - particularly her very fantastic Instagram - and it really did make me feel so incredibly lucky that we just happened to get along - especially with our impressive list of coincidences (but also possibly fate).

   


In the midst of all my proclamations of love though, I do want to say that friendship isn't always a rainbow, and isn't always a wall of emojis, or funny faces in snapchat. Friendship is uncomfortable sometimes, or stressful - because life isn't always your Instagram feed. I am most grateful for my friends, not just because they put laughter and fun and joy into my life, but because my friends are there when it really counts. Friends motivate me, and support me, and remind me that my perspective isn't always the right one. There's always another way of looking at this difficult situation, and most importantly, you are important, and you are loved.

In short, Alice is one of my friends, and she is a beautiful person, inside and out.

   


Have a good night all, and get some sleep.
Y'all crazy kids though, so I know you won't.
M.
Powered by Blogger.